NME’s C86 cassette to get double CD reissue
Cherry Red Records will reissue the legendary compilation next year
NME’s iconic C86 cassette will be reissued in a double CD format, it has been announced.
The original cassette, which came free with the magazine in 1986, would later come to define the indie-pop sound of the era. It featured tracks from Primal Scream, The Shop Assistants and The Pastels.
The compilation was later released on vinyl by Rough Trade in 1987. The new, expanded double CD version will be put out on Cherry Red records by its original curator, NME journalist Neil Taylor.
According to the compilation’s Facebook page, it will be released in 2014 although no exact date has been set.
C86 reissue tracklisting:
- Primal Scream, ‘Velocity Girl’
- Mighty Lemon Drops, ‘Happy Head’
- The Soup Dragons, ‘Pleasantly Surprised’
- The Wolfhounds, ‘Feeling So Strange Again’
- The Bodines, ‘Therese’
- Mighty Mighty, ‘Law’
- Stump, ‘Buffalo’
- Bogshed, ‘Run To The Temple’
- A Witness, ‘Sharpened Sticks’
- Pastels, ‘Breaking Lines’
- Age Of Chance, ‘From Now On, This Will Be Your God’
- The Shop Assistants, ‘It’s Up To You’
- Close Lobsters, ‘Firestation Towers’
- Miaow, ‘Sport Most Royal’
- Half Man Half Biscuit, ‘I Hate Nerys Hughes (From The Heart)’
- The Servants, ‘Transparent’
- The MacKenzies, ‘Big Jim (There’s No Pubs In Heaven)’
- Big Flame, ‘New Way (Quick Wash And Brush Up With Liberation Theology)’
- We’ve Got A Fuzzbox And We’re Gonna Use It, ‘Console Me’
- McCarthy, ‘Celestial City’
- The Shrubs, ‘Bullfighter’s Bones’
- The Wedding Present, ‘This Boy Can Wait (A Bit Longer!)’